Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sabor Divino hosted the Art of Conversation

Sabor Divino, a translation online calls it 'divine favour'. All I can say can be summed up in one word, wow, but that would not begin to describe it. As I walked in Wednesday evening for the Art of Conversation I was offered a Basque Tuna Tartar and I knew the evening was going to be a culinary delight.

I was immediately impressed with the atmosphere. The decor is wonderful, old timbers, brick walls, rich warm lighting and beautiful lush furnishings. A real mix of old and new. The wonderful sounds of a piano came from the center of the room. Rumour has it that we were being entertained by one of Canada's premier pianists, Chris Andrew.

We had a huge turnout for the Art of Conversation but there was no shortage of food choices, the plates just kept coming. The servers were wonderful, attentive and very knowledge about what they were serving. A number of the appetizers were based on tradition Portugese recipes and the servers were delighted to be able to describe each one in turn.

I can't possibly give you a list of all the appetizers we enjoyed but I can feature a few favorites. Tiny red peppers, stuffed with cream cheese and lobster, puff pastry squares topped with sliced cherry tomatoes and baked, smoked salmon in puff pastry cups with what tasted like roasted beets. We even had something they described as Greek Salad on a skewer, amazing and the list could go on. Perfect little bites of pure flavour. As the plates were circulated and we sampled, everyone agreed that that one had to be the best.

There were tiny chocolate desserts. Take a bite of one of those and be immediately transported into a quiet moment of pure chocolate pleasure. The wonderful tiny bites of cheesecakes with fresh berries were a perfect balance to the rich chocolate. I could go on but I will sum it up by saying that everything was amazing.

The website says that Sabor Divinio is poised to become the hottest new restaurant in the city and I have no doubt of it.

You will find Sabor Divino located in the Boardwalk Building right downtown and I suggest you try it out. After sampling the tastes from Wednesday evening I know I definitely plan to make a reservation and bring friends out for dinner. I know everyone will be delighted and it will be amazing evening.

Check out their website: www.sabordivino.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment