Thursday, September 1, 2011

Riverside Bistro at Marriott Hotel

The view from the Riverside Bistro is amazing looking down the river at the Queen. The Riverside Bistro is in the Marriott Hotel. It was a wonderful sunny day and fabulous sitting out on the patio.

Not having had lunch I decided to arrive early before my meeting to have a quick bite. The server recommended the sliders but I wasn't into the bun so I decided to go for something lighter. I chose the Rosemary Mushroom appetizer. It looked wonderful when it arrived, a simple presentation but it looked tasty, with a nice assortment of mushrooms.

The crostini were nicely toasted, the sauce was okay but unfortunately that is where the compliments stop. The rosemary was missing or at the least very light and the sliced mushrooms were decidedly rubbery, definitely overcooked.

I might come back that give it another try but with all the wonderful choices to dine on Jasper Ave it would only be to be ensure that this was abnormal.

No comments:

Post a Comment