Thursday, April 8, 2010

That's Aroma

This falls into the category of "you never know what you are going to find".



My hubby was just back to his room from recovery yesterday when I arrived at the Royal Alex so I had to wait to see him. A friend was also there to visit so he invited me to go grab a quick bite at the Italian place around the corner. So around the parkade and past all the construction to the Hy Centre we go. To my surprise it was That's Aroma. We have one on the south side but I have only been maybe once or twice.



Unfortunately I wasn't particularly hungry but the menu items looked tempting. I decided I only wanted an appetizer so I asked the server for his recommendation. In an Italian restaurant he chose the Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Strange item for them to have but they were okay. From frozen, not fresh made and with a Sweet Chili Sauce that, I suspect, came from a bottle.



On the other hand, my friend had the Baked Chicken Breast and he enjoyed it. It was chicken medallions stacked up with shrimp, mushrooms, mozzerella cheese and cream sauce all over it. An arrangement of vegetables topped with a grilled Roma tomato accompanied it.



Definitely a place to try, based on reputation, if you enjoy garlic and we did receive a plate of flat bread with a bulb of roasted garlic.



I am planning to go again during this next week while hubby is in the hospital. It is a handy choice when you are visiting a patient just don't mind the construction and far better than the options in the Food Court. There were only two other tables occupied while we were there but it was 6pm on a Wednesday.



So is this a ringing endorsement? Not fair to say based on the little I ate. The atmosphere could use an update, it is looking a little tired. My friend said that it was refurbished back in the mid 90's and I would say it looks it. Strange combination of interior lighting. Service was good but our server's knowledge of the menu seemed a little vague. Usually when you ask for their recommendation most have tried enough choices from it to tell you their favorite and make it sound like it.



So I will give it another go and let you know .

No comments:

Post a Comment