Friends have heard me go on about cooking at home, rediscovering what you can create in your kitchen, etc, etc. I love cooking as anyone who knows me would attest but sushi isn't something I have tried. Not sure I am up for that. I think there are just some things to leave to the experts and the serving of raw seafood is one of them. So if we want great sushi we go out for it and we have found just the place. I know everyone who enjoys sushi has a favorite place but bear with me. Even my husband liked this and he isn't a great fan of sushi. Head to the University area to Yokozuna on 109th .
I didn't get to enjoy this meal, but I have heard about it at great length and as I said for my husband to rave on about raw fish it had to be good. He didn't choose this place, he was the lunch guest going where invited.
So they started with an appetizer. That was the Beef Tataki. He is a big fan of steak tartare. This, he said, made tartare seem a pale second cousin by comparison. The beef was shaved very thin like prosciutto would be. His main course was the bento box and he has been raving over that too. In it were surf clams, red snapper, and salmon sashimi as well as tempura. The tempura was light and flavourful, he even liked the salad. Accompanying the bento was a clear broth soup and rice. After hearing about this I decided I had to check out the menu online which I have included as a link so you too can salivate over this. www.yokosunarestaurant.ca/menu/htm
When I think about it, instead of just savouring the menu we should be there enjoying it and he should be here writing this blog. Then I can really write about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment