Sunday, November 13, 2011

Now That was a Quiche!

What do you get when the ingredients are puff pastry, boar bacon, cheddar cheese, eggs and fresh broccoli. When you have the culinary skills of a talented kitchen you get an absolutely wonderful Quiche. Topped by a delicious, sweet, fresh tomato reduction, which perfectly set off all those flavours it was fabulous. Truly amazing and perfectly accompanied by crisp fried potatoes, couscous salad and fresh fruit. The couscous salad had carrots, cranberries and a great dressing. Not sure what was the dressing on the salad but it was delicious. I was off to help with a shoebox gift project after church and decided to find a spot for lunch downtown. This was obviously a great choice. After lunch they offered the dessert tray. That dessert tray is the first thing you spot on the reception counter as you walk in. Took more willpower than mine to walk past that today to I shared to have a taste. A wonderful taste on the lips and keep it away from the hips! So off to help with the project bringing along my treat, a white and dark chocolate cheesecake ball that had been rolled in pecans. Just one word for it, yum... The other dessert choice? Tiramisu, a sour cream pie and a custard tart. So where was this savory lunch? At the Manor, on 125 St, Old Glenora.

1 comment:

  1. I've read all your reviews posted on this page and wonder why you haven't posted again? It is apparent you enjoy writing restaurant reviews and you do it well. I hope to see you back here again soon. I'm following your blog, just in case. SInce Google reader will be null and void as of end of June, can you offer the option to follow by email?

    PS You responded to my most popular post about Swedish Columnar Aspen today. I hope your issues with the neighbour's trees don't become a problem to your home or lines. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

    Regards,
    Shirley (The Gardening Life)

    ReplyDelete