Friday, November 11, 2011

Lunch at the Bistro at Ellerslie

After the Remembrance Day services today I headed over to Ellerslie Gift & Garden. I had some gardening to finish and I was also looking for lunch. Forgive if I am a little biased having run the Bistro for a year and a half, but now I just get to go enjoy lunch. It was almost a full house when I arrived today but I was able to secure a table and then place my order. There were several soups on the menu today and a nice assortment of panini, but there at the bottom of the daily menu board was an option I couldn't turn down. They had a special, potato pancakes. That decided it, a half serving of their cheddar, potato and bacon soup, definitely made fresh inhouse and the last half serving of the potato pancakes. Wonderful plate and just the right size, with some fresh vegetables and dip on the side. It was delicious and the perfect size. Four tender,fluffy potato pancakes and a cup of soup, crisp lean bacon, aged cheddar and chunks of potato. Then I topped that off with dessert, a dark. moist, freshly baked chocolate cookie. Glad I had gardening to do, to burn that off. It's a comfortable place to have lunch, even if you are on your own. The tables are small, intimate, surrounded by fresh plants with a great selection of current magazines on each table. A cosy spot to sit, enjoy lunch or just a coffee break and relax. I might have to go back and see what they have tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment