As I sit in my home office eating my grilled tomato sandwich I am thinking about my last dining out experience. Let me tell you, my cheese bread is good, the beefsteak organic but it doesn't compare. All of which I have to say I got from the Farmer's Market at South Common, just a plug for Brian.
In all times I have wandered about the 124 St area, Old Glenora, been to all those delightful little shops along the mall I have never peeked around the corner, or I have found this little gem. Definitely a hidden treasure.
For the few days we seem to have for summer they have a wonderful patio. Tucked into mature trees you would never know that you are a block in any direction from heavy traffic. It is a delightful place, inside and out.
The food, the website says it all. Comfort.(period) Food. (period) Ah, the spinach salad. Okay so you don't often rave about a salad. But it was wonderful. They consider it their trademark salad. I call it delightful, really great bacon, leeks, mushrooms all warm and the pan beautifully deglazed with a wonderful warm honey mustard vigaigrette. I could eat a bowl of just that. Then sliced egg, chevre, and of course the crisp spinach. All topped with that warm vinaigrette. Ladies, you want a salad for lunch, you have to go just a couple blocks further and try this place. The salad comes in two sizes and you can take it to go.
That was the salad, something good and healthy for me, then for the hips I had the wonderful triple chocolate cheesecake, but not just any cheesecake. This was done in a ball and covered with a crisp, nutty crust. So good but I had to cut it in half and save the second half for later. Just not much later. I wasn't planning on having dessert but they had this wonderful tray, the brownie, the tiramisu and of course the cheesecake. Well, who could resist?
So check out their website with directions, contact for reservations and their menu: www.themanorbistro.com and comment, let me know what you tried and what you thought.
In the meantime raise a glass somewhere in Edmonton, we have many great choices to Eat Out In Edmonton. Til next time...
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment