Friends, my husband and I went out to eat at one of the more expensive restaurants in the city and while we weren't disappointed we spent just a ton of money. When you only get a filet and mashed potatoes and mushrooms and you think I could make this at home, you need to rethink eating out. There are so many ethnic, interesting places to eat in Edmonton that don't break the bank. There are exciting choices to be made. We have people from all over the world in this city. I want to read a menu that challenges me to decide what I want because everything sounds so good. Interesting, exciting and expanding my taste buds.
Then last night we watched Julie/Julia and I was reminded that for us one of the best places to have a great meal and break bread with friends and family is under our own roof. So tonight we had a great Surf and Turf with scallops, prawns, crab stuffed mushrooms and ribeye steaks, fed 6 people and didn't break $200, considerably less than the previously unnamed restaurant. So I am digging out the cookbooks and rediscovering the art of cooking for myself.
Next time we eat out it will be for a meal that will expand our food experience, widen our horizens and not lower our bank account by enough money to give you heart failure.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment